Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Kelvin Bruce, WTF?

Recently, someone (or some bot, more likely) used my email address to create a Match.com profile for KelvinBruce77. The profile is for a man seeking a woman, in Los Angeles. The profile is completely empty, but he still somehow gets "matches."

Screen shot 2011 03 28 at 09 40 11

My first thought was to contact Match.com and tell them about this weird error. But of course, these are noreply emails and frankly, I can't be bothered to hunt down their customer service.

So, my next thought was to close the account and be done with it. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be an easy way to cancel the account. You can only "deactivate" it, a la Facebook. All it takes to reactivate is to log in with your password (which, luckily for me, was sent to me in plain text via email).

Screen shot 2011 03 28 at 09 51 49

It occurred to me that whatever bot created the profile could also reactivate it using the password I have. So, I first have to change the password on the account before I can "deactivate" it. I also changed the email address to "noname@fuckyou.com."

This sucked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home